March 7, 2010

Subscribe to the ULTIMATE Magazine

Had a lovely weekend here full of quick family visits, less than stellar Flea Market visits, transplanting tomatoes (pics coming soon), visiting Camden, SC (I’m in L-O-V-E) trying a new church, and awesome bean soup - thank you Easter Ham bone!

Wanted to share this fab idea from This Young House. Sherry writes about organizing her life while keeping it real and non OCD and this is my favorite idea - Creating your own “ULTIMATE MAGAZINE”. I have been doing this for years, way before I even had a house to decorate and find it incredibly helpful when planning a space. You can create your own by stashing all those pages you rip out of magazines (you know, the ones you mean to tuck away for inspiration but can never find them later) in a 3 ring binder. Use plastic sleeves to protect the pages and you can even organize the book based on rooms (ie. kitchen, bathroom, garden, etc.).

This Young House's ULTIMATE MAGAZINE

This Young House's ULTIMATE MAGAZINE

After reading her post last week I took a moment to edit my idea book, purge some pages that really didn’t suit my style anymore as well as update it with this springs latest magazines. Looking through the pages I had saved (some dated back to 2002) made me reminisce about our house we sold in Greenville in March. Some of the updates we did on that house came right out of my “ULTIMATE MAGAZINE”.

Our favorite improvement project from the house in Greenville. New  stone patio, deck & pergola. Inspired by a picture I ripped out of a  magazine years ago.

Our favorite improvement project from the house in Greenville. New stone patio, deck & pergola. Inspired by a picture I ripped out of a magazine years ago.

Read the full “Easy Does It” post here or you can check out This Young House blog by clicking on the link - Sherry & John have lots of great ideas.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...