April 1, 2010

St. Simons Shopping

On our recent Beach getaway I did a little shopping in downtown St. Simons which had the cutest little home decor shop... which I can't remember the name. Sorry :(

Here are some of the items I covertly snapped to bring home for inspiration as I could so not afford a stick of gum in the place. BUT that doesn't mean I didn't get some great inspiration for DIY projects.
Nautical/cottage was the name of the game in this shop with beautiful painted furniture and whimsical accents. This blue pillow is just burlap - and you could get the look with a nautical stencil and white fabric paint. I love the grommet detail and nautical rope - so easy to add.

This couch is awesome - I was loving all the burlap/canvas upholstery. You could take a canvas drop cloth from a home improvement store which costs around $8 and make pillows or slipcovers. Cheap and easy!
This fun little mirror would be another cheap and easy diy project - its not even driftwood, just sticks, which you could leave natural or run a little whitewash stain or drybrush even to make it more "beachy". The sticks can just be hot glued over a cheap frame or tied on with floral wire. I'm going to be using some burlap/canvas in unexpected areas this summer. I'll be sure to share all the DIY steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...