April 8, 2011

Spring & Summer Skirts

Skirts are ideal in the South Carolina summers. AND BONUS... They are great for teaching. I know I am going to get tired of dress pants. I've been seeing this full skirt circa 1950s and again in the 1970s trend... what do you think of the full skirt?

Source: None via Liz on Pinterest


Source: talbots.com via Liz on Pinterest


Source: talbots.com via Liz on Pinterest




Source: anthropologie.com via Liz on Pinterest

UPDATE: My darling husband Eric just read this post and said, "I think those skirts are so sexy. You would look so good in them. I mean, not to infer anything about the 1950's housewife but, they are beautiful".

MUST SHOP NOW! Is anything open?

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I love the black and white checked one. Whenever I see skirts like these, I think of "White Christmas" and the one outfit worn by Vera Ellen at the lodge when she's hitting on Danny Kaye. It's a black sweater with a check-patterned skirt and a wide belt. (Picture of it here: http://thefapturbo.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/1292139074-76.jpg) All of these in your post are so adorable for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mrs. G - You are a girl after my own heart. LOVE THIS! I think a little shopping is in order this weekend. ... In fact, I am thinking that I might be able to scrounge up a few of these at goodwill. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear high wasted skirts at school all of the time! My favorite ones are from a Jcrew outlet. I also have a few Anthro splurges that I've worn over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was by Sara...by the way! Not Nathan =).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Eric is hilarious and so is that Nathan/Sara post. Awesome. Liz, HELLO you should totally make some of these skirts and then wear them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...